TurboIntegrator Error Handling
As a technical consultant working mostly in TurboIntegrator, i feel the lack of error handling in TurboIntegrator. Based on my searching, the error handling consist of:
1. Using itemskip
2. Using itemreject to send message to the user
3. Using textoutput to write error
4. Using default value is the data source is invalid
I already researched all of error handling above, but I feel that it is not enough.
The thing is, I want to import data from csv using TurboIntegrator. I am using lookup cube to map the code from data source to account in my model. If the code does not exist in my model, the process will add the code into the dimension of lookup cube. systematically, the code will be added into the lookup cube, but the mapping will be blank.
My purpose is to create an user friendly error handling based on the result of the process. If the mapping is blank, the system will display only message, not default error from TM1. Apparently, I cannot use available error handling, because:
1. I cannot skip the non-existent code
2. Using itemreject is the most preferable option, but how they display the error message is very messy and I don’t think that user wants to see it.
3. Using textoutput is not preferable in my situation, because my clients consist of non-IT members that cannot access the server.
Does anyone have any other ideas how to create more user friendly error handling?
Log in to reply.