Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• TI process skipping data section

Posted by Helen on 10-May-22 at 8:36 pm

Hi all. I’m brand new here so please accept my apologies if I don’t follow the expected protocols.

I’ve just created a new process to transfer data from one cube to another and it seems to be completely skipping the data section. I’ve never had this before. I’m sure it’s probably something really obvious but I just can’t get my head around it.

I’ve added ASCIIOutput procedures to the prolog, data and epilog sections to see if I can figure out what it’s doing. The prolog and epilog logs are generated but noting is even generated for the data section.

I’ve attached the procedure in a txt file.

p.s. I’d usually use rules for transferring data rather than a process but in this instance I couldn’t get it working with the mapping involved which uses a a matrix. Maybe I should just concentrate on getting that route working ?

Thanks for your help.

Helen replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Vlad

11-May-22 at 2:54 am
    0 Diamonds
    2 Gold
    260 Experience
    Scout

Hi @helen-heaton

Did you check if the SourceView contains any data? Does it include any rule calculated or consolidation elements?

• John

Administrator
    11-May-22 at 2:27 pm
    2 Diamonds
    14 Gold
    2,180 Experience
    Hiker

Just seconding @teamone‘s suggestion. You need to make sure that the source view actually contains data. So open it, suppress zeros and move everything except one dimension into rows. then select the lowest level of each dimension for all dimensions. You should have editable data there. If it’s not editable at the base level, you probably have rules that are calculating all the data in the cube. In this case please see this post https://exploringtm1.com/viewextractskiprulevaluesset/ that will explain how to extract rule calculated values. Cheers, John

• Helen

13-May-22 at 9:00 pm
      0 Diamonds
      2 Gold
      160 Experience
      Scout

Thanks both. I suspect the source data is rule based so I’ll check out that link.

• Helen

13-May-22 at 9:29 pm
      0 Diamonds
      2 Gold
      160 Experience
      Scout

Perfect!!!

I just needed to add:

ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet (cbSource , SourceView , 0);
      ViewExtractSkipRuleValuesSet (cbSource , SourceView , 0);

to my source definition.

Thank you so much guys!