Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

TM1 Explorers: Explore, Challenge and Summit with TM1 Base Camp Forums General Questions Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services with PAW on the same server

• Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services with PAW on the same server

Posted by Kleber on 14-Apr-21 at 11:26 am

Hi Everyone, we are planning to install PAW, PAX and PAS so, one of the question in mind is if I can have PAW and PAS on the same server. Is that possible?

Regards

Kleber

John replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • John

Administrator
    15-Apr-21 at 4:46 pm
    2 Diamonds
    14 Gold
    2,180 Experience
    Hiker

Hi Kleber,

I asked a tech friend at IBM this question and here is Tushar’s answer:

Yes, technically you can install PAW and PASS on the same server.

There should not be any issues. Just make sure there are no port conflicts. For example PAW requires port 80. So make sure that port is free. Or you make necessary changes in PAW to customize the gateway port.

Nothing special configuration required. Make sure enough hardware resources are available to handle the extra resources. PASS is java intensive and requires memory so don’t overload. So please perform capacity planning before making it live.

Thanks,

• Kleber

6-May-21 at 1:30 pm
    1 Diamond
    6 Gold
    710 Experience
    Scout

Thanks John, here are as well the answer from IBM

Hi Kleber,

Yes, you can install Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services (PASS) on the same server as PAW.

However, I recommend avoiding PASS 2.0.61 & 2.0.62 as they have serious defects: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6437323

Otherwise, IBM recommends an older version, such as 2.0.60, or waiting for 2.0.63 to come out with the proper fix for this defect.”

Thanks,

Matthew Vuu

IBM Planning Analytics Local Support Engineer

• John

Administrator
    6-May-21 at 3:08 pm
    2 Diamonds
    14 Gold
    2,180 Experience
    Hiker

Thanks Kleber. That’s great advice. John