Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• CellPutProportionalSpread

Posted by Mitch on 14-Apr-21 at 8:51 am

Hi,

Following on from the TI webinar, with the CellPutProportionalSpread function. I’m actually working with that now and I have situations where the cell I need to put data is a zero. The presenter said that it would still work, that it would just spread evenly over all leaf elements. But in my situation I’m getting an error saying that it can’t spread because the cell is zero. So my question is, is there only certain situations where this works? Since mine is not working, any clues on what to look for that may be causing the problem?

Thanks again!

Andrew replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Andrew

14-Apr-21 at 9:03 am
    0 Diamonds
    0 Gold
    470 Experience
    Scout

Hey Mitch,

This function should spread perfectly evenly if ALL the child cells are zero. If not, it should spread proportionally based on the contents of the child cells.

Are you able to send a screenshot of the error you’re getting please?

Thanks

• Mitch

14-Apr-21 at 9:04 am
      0 Diamonds
      2 Gold
      90 Experience
      Scout

I’ve PM’d you with a screenshot as an example. This cube has 10 dimensions and 4 of them are consolidated.

The error is “Proportional spread to a zero consolidation” .

Hopefully this is what you were asking for, if you need something else please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

• Andrew

14-Apr-21 at 9:06 am
        0 Diamonds
        0 Gold
        470 Experience
        Scout

Hi Mitch,

Can you check your tms1.cfg file to see if you have the following setting

ProportionSpreadToZeroCells=F

The default setting for this is (T). I added the setting in the sample instance that we used on the webinar and when I made it false I got the same error.

Let me know if this fixes it.

Cheers

Andrew